Leiden Science Indonesia Scholarship
The Faculty of Science offers scholarships for students who hold a relevant bachelor’s degree from one of the Indonesian science partner universities.
- For Whom?
- Additional requirements
- Scholarship amount
- LSI application deadline and application procedure
Application for the Leiden Science Indonesia Scholarship (LSI) is open for motivated students enrolling in a two-year Leiden master of Science Programme per February or September 2018. All non-EU/EEA students who have a relevant bachelor’s degree from one of the following Indonesian science partner universities* can apply for the LSI scholarship.
*If you have a relevant bachelor’s degree from another Indonesian university, you can still be selected for the LSI scholarship based on your individual performance and MSc application package.
Indonesian science partner universities:
|City||Indonesian science partner universities|
|Bandung||Institut Teknologi Bandung|
|Bogor||Institut Pertanian Bogor|
|Yogyakarta||Universitas Gadjah Mada|
1. Only if an applicant is conditionally admitted or admitted into one of the two year Leiden Master of Science programmes, will a decision be made.
2. Students are allowed to submit applications for several scholarships at one time. However, it is not possible to combine scholarships which are provided or sponsored by Leiden University.
3. Students who are granted the LSI scholarship must comply with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
LSI covers 25% of the of the non-EU/EEA tuition fee and will be subtracted from this tuition fee before the start of the academic year. If the student has achieved adequate study results in the first MSc year, he or she will automatically receive the LSI scholarship for the second year.
Application deadline for students starting per September: 1 April
Application deadline for students starting per February: 15 October
- Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University before the deadline.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Please indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LSI scholarship on the scholarship page of your online application.
- Submit your application.
- If applicable, pay the application fee.
For questions, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you submit your online application before the deadline, the Faculty selection committee will consider your LSI scholarship after you have been conditionally admitted or fully admitted to the MSc programme of your choice.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application, according to the steps described under 1 - 5 by the aforementioned deadline. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.
Students should be aware that the LSI scholarship is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands. Leiden University advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. €12,000 to €15,000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation. How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.