Student registration

Town hall registration

If you will stay in the Netherlands for longer than four months, or if you have been granted a student residence permit, you are required to register with your local Dutch Town Hall. After registering with the Town Hall you will be allocated a BSN (citizen service number). A BSN is required for purposes such as opening a Dutch bank account..